Hurray! I’ve more or less finished my game prototype. Well, at least I have 10 levels now. I have to do some playtesting and maybe change a few things.When building the last levels I’m more and more convinced that my game design is having some major flaws, or is just incomplete. More on that in a later topic where I will evaluate the game, the design and the building process.
For now, play the most recent version here (to play, click on the game to give it focus):
So what did I do since the last time?
- Levels, levels levels. Finally completed my level ‘design’. I’m not happy with all of them, but at least I have all levels now.
- Removed 1 level, so now I have levels 1 to 10 instead of 0 to 10.
- Added an end screen for the player who beat level 10.
Things to do
The game prototype is almost ready for submission so some more people can play it. Just a few more things to do:
- Add a few more tiles to my tilesheets. You can see some ugly tiles in the last level.
- Polish a few levels. Haven’t tested them all that good yet
- Maybe change a few sounds
- Some last graphics polishing
- Set up a website containing the game and a description and a download link for the Windows version
Only worked tody on the game. Spent around 5 hours, so according to my own plan I have 2 hours left. That’s not much, but I’ll see what I can do…